1.2.4 and listMembers?

Aug 14, 2010 at 1:00 AM

I'm getting an odd exception on some code that was working with a prior version:

ex: Null method parameter #2

at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcSerializer.SerializeParams(XmlTextWriter xtw, XmlRpcRequest request, MappingAction mapp
ingAction)
   at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcSerializer.SerializeRequest(Stream stm, XmlRpcRequest request)
   at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.Invoke(Object clientObj, MethodInfo mi, Object[] parameters)
   at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.Invoke(MethodInfo mi, Object[] Parameters)
   at XmlRpcProxyf2f02747-ed17-45fa-a2e2-25324ee9a6f0.listMembers(String apikey, String id, String status, String since,
 Int32 start, Int32 limit)
   at PerceptiveMCAPI.Methods.listMembers.ExecuteXmlRpc()

The code is:

List statusList = new List();
            statusList.Add(EnumValues.listMembers_status.cleaned);
            statusList.Add(EnumValues.listMembers_status.unsubscribed);
            statusList.Add(EnumValues.listMembers_status.subscribed);

foreach (EnumValues.listMembers_status listMembers_status in statusList)
            {
                listMembersInput listMembersInput = new listMembersInput
                    (
                        apikey,
                        list.MailChimp_ListID,
                        listMembers_status,
                        list.MailChimp_LastSync ?? DateTime.MinValue
                    );
                listMembers listMembers = new listMembers(listMembersInput);
                listMembersOutput listMembersOutput = listMembers.Execute();
Coordinator
Aug 14, 2010 at 3:34 AM

Well that's apparently because I was brain-dead when I was doing testing.

I didn't properly initialize the parms object from the Input class in all the methods -- that is when doing the parms in the Input constructor vs. loading the parms via the input.parm.xxxx option.

I will be putting in a fix shortly after I go through the rest of the methods to see where else i may have f_d up.

Sorry about that.

David

Aug 14, 2010 at 3:46 AM

Ah! No problem. I figured it wasn't my code. It worked well besides that. Thanks for all your hard work.

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2010 at 4:41 AM

OK.  Should be good now.

There were a few others that needed fixing as well.

I tend to be in the habit of using an empty constructor and assigning parms later for most methods -- that way worked just fine -- and unfortunately that's how my testing prgram was doing it too, so I never caught the 6 or 7 methods where the Input class constructors were bad.   Anyway...

Source & downloads have been updated.

Version 1.2.4.3 of the PerceptiveMCAPI.dll is the latest.

Let me know if you find anything else. 

Thanks,

David