api.mailchimp.com/1.2 + Connection Refuse

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM

I am trying to use this wrapper and I am getting "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" I am not sure what I am doing wrong is this a common error that someone can help me with.

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Yep -- that sounds like either MailChimp was not available or blocked (possible, unlikely) or you're running into a firewall somewhere.

if you're using the xml-rpc access method, switch to serial access with JSON or XML output and try again.

Less likely to cause firewall issues.

Let me know if that worked please.

David

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:24 AM

David,

I am using the serial method with XML and I am doing it from home using Vista.

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:22 PM

David,

I am now just trying to get the Campaigns call to work via the wrapper. I can take the request and paste into browser and get back campaigns but when I run it through the .net code I get :

error    "'=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 26, position 95.\r\n\r\n   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)\r\n   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)\r\n   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowUnexpectedToken(String expectedToken1, String expectedToken2)\r\n   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowUnexpectedToken(Int32 pos, String expectedToken1, String expectedToken2)\r\n   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.HandleEntityReference(Boolean isInAttributeValue, EntityExpandType expandType, Int32& charRefEndPos)\r\n   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32 curPos, Char quoteChar, NodeData attr)\r\n   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()\r\n   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()\r\n   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()\r\n   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()\r\n   at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r)\r\n   at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)\r\n   at System.Xml.Linq.XElement.ReadElementFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)\r\n   at System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)\r\n   at System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Parse(String text, LoadOptions options)\r\n   at System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Parse(String text)\r\n   at PerceptiveMCAPI.Types.campaignsOutput.outputXML()\r\n   at PerceptiveMCAPI.Types.campaignsOutput.Format(String api_Request, String api_Response)\r\n   at PerceptiveMCAPI.Methods.campaigns.ExecuteSerialPost()"    string

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2011 at 3:04 AM

I have no idea what you are trying to do when you say
..."I can take the request and paste into browser and get back campaigns but when I run it through the .net code I get..."

But I suspect you need to read the documentation -- the wrapper creates the request for you -- it won't take raw url's if that's what you are trying to feed it.

dbm