adding a mailchimp list

Mar 30, 2011 at 12:42 PM

i have been playing around with mailchimp and i have been able to add people to existing lists without any problems.

What i am trying to do however is create a new list programmatically, get the id of the newly created list and add some people into this newly created list.

can anyone provide me some sample code of how to create a list (random name)?

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2011 at 3:58 PM

I'm thinking you haven't paid much attention to the mailchimp documentation -- MailChimp does not provide the ability to create lists through the Api.

David

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:01 AM

i have checked out the documentation and couldn't find any function that allowed to add lists... I thought i just overlooked it so i made a post about it to ask if this was the case ...

is it mailchimp itself that does not allow adding lists programatically or is it the wrapper that does not have a built in function for it?

I am in need of functionality that allows users to add lists or email groups through the use of our local website, any suggestions?

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:09 AM

hey David,

Can you please tell me if the perceptivemcapi does not allow for lists to be added because mailchimp does not allow it?  Or is it simply not included in the perceptivemcapi package?

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2011 at 1:55 PM
davidmclusa wrote:

I'm thinking you haven't paid much attention to the mailchimp documentation -- MailChimp does not provide the ability to create lists through the Api.

David

I already did - in my original answer - try reading it again.

I have no time and little inclination to help those not willing to do their own research  -- 2 minutes searching the MC api discussion group for "create list"  would have given the answer as well.

dbm

Apr 29, 2011 at 9:11 AM
davidmclusa wrote:

I already did - in my original answer - try reading it again.

I have no time and little inclination to help those not willing to do their own research  -- 2 minutes searching the MC api discussion group for "create list"  would have given the answer as well.

dbm

I am new to the MailChimp, I am also trying to create LIST through .NET. Can you please help me how you do that?? Like a little code example or function needed. 

Coordinator
Apr 30, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I can't say it any clearer.

MailChimp does not provide the ability to create lists through the Api.

dbm