Sample Project

May 13, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Hi, i'm newbie in the asp.net world, therefore i still have limited knowledge regarding wrapper, etc.

I've tried to follow your documentation, however i kept getting error because i don't know how and where to implement the code specifically as i'm not even sure if i do it properly.

Therefore is there any sample project that i can download so i can get an idea on how to put the code practically?

Thanks for your help and kind regards

May 16, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Hi,

I'm quite newbie as well, what I have done is use the UI to start. You only have to create a new project from Visual studio and add the files and the references. In the doc.  the steps are explained. The only thing is that you have to use the 1.2 version.

Hope helps you!

Jon

May 18, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Hi jonHierro,

Thank you for your reply i'm actually progressing and manage to display this on my Default.aspx page

However i still unable to get the list or Lists or listBatchSubscribe to subscribe to work.

I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge but please let me know where i did it wrong.

1. I created an ascx file named show_lists1.ascx and copy the 'list' code onto it
2. After that i created list.aspx and wrote this code to link them together <%@ Register TagPrefix="show_lists1" TagName="show_lists1" Src="show_lists1.ascx" %> 

And then it keeps give me error saying Name 'show_lists1' is not declared.

Should i put some code on the aspx file?

I know i must have done something wrong or i need to do something further as i'm not familiar with wrapper and i need some guidance. :(

Thanks Jon and kind regards

May 18, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Hi Stefanto,

I don't know what are you doing. You can try to use the original user control to test as: <%@ Register Src="Controls/show/show_lists.ascx" TagName="show_lists" TagPrefix="uc1" %> & <uc1:show_lists ID="show_lists1" runat="server" Visible="true" />

Try this user control in your Default page. Is this working for you?

However you can use the TestUI.aspx page to start. I recommend you use this.

Good luck! :D

May 23, 2011 at 7:37 AM

Hi jonHierro,

Thanks for your guidance, i feel like i'm getting closer to get this right, however after testing it over and over again i keep getting these errors.

I don't know what i've done wrong.

1. Firstly i copied the folder trunk/PerceptiveMCAPI_UI and opened it through VWD 2008
2. Then, i created a Bin folder, copied the 'CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll', 'PerceptiveMCAPI.dll' and 'PerceptiveMCAPI.pdb' and added reference to both the dll files.
3. Then, i added my api key on the web.config and went to Build > Build Web Site.

I truly appreciate your help jonHierro.

Kind regards

May 23, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Hi Stefanto,

You have to start a new project, not open as a web site.

Try this and tell me.

May 24, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Hi jonHierro,

I tried, same thing. :(

May 24, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Hi,

I think you are still using a Website . I had the same problem because of this. Try to create a new project, (Ctrl+Shift+N). 

Otherwise, look at this link:

http://perceptivemcapi.codeplex.com/discussions/226674

May 25, 2011 at 6:48 AM

Hi jonHierro,

I precisely made the same mistake. Thanks a lot jonHierro, it's getting very close.

Now i manage to do this:

However when i click the testing UI it gives me error

I have make sure that i use .Net Framework 3.5 and i'm using PerceptiveMCAPI Wrapper - v1.2.5.3 with perceptivemcapi-54996.

Thanks jonHierro and i truly appreciate your help.

Kind regards

May 25, 2011 at 7:49 AM

Hi Stefanto,

One thing, Do you add the code, control, ... files?  I don't see them in your solution explorer. Add all, and try to start debugging. 

Good luck!

May 25, 2011 at 10:23 AM
for all new beginners:

Here is a sample project (plenty to implement, but gives you a start)

Bruno Alexandre
[web] www.balexandre.com
[twitter] http://twitter.com/balexandre

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 9:49 AM, jonHierro <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Stefanto,

One thing, Do you add the code, control, ... files? I don't see them in your solution explorer. Add all, and try to start debugging.

Good luck!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PerceptiveMCAPI@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email PerceptiveMCAPI@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 26, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Does this help anyone?

is there any method that you would like to see implemented first?

Bruno Alexandre
[web] www.balexandre.com

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Bruno Alexandre <bruno.in.dk@gmail.com> wrote:
for all new beginners:

Here is a sample project (plenty to implement, but gives you a start)

Bruno Alexandre
[web] www.balexandre.com

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 9:49 AM, jonHierro <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Stefanto,

One thing, Do you add the code, control, ... files? I don't see them in your solution explorer. Add all, and try to start debugging.

Good luck!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PerceptiveMCAPI@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email PerceptiveMCAPI@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 27, 2011 at 6:27 AM
jonHierro wrote:

Hi Stefanto,

One thing, Do you add the code, control, ... files?  I don't see them in your solution explorer. Add all, and try to start debugging. 

Good luck!

I actually already copied all the folders beforehand, however i just found out that you'll have to click the 'show all files' on the solution explorer and right click on each folder and click the 'Include in Project' button to get it worked.

And after that, it works like a charm and here's what the TestUI looks like:

It's amazing and thanks a lot jonHierro for your help and guidance. I truly appreciate it. :)

----------------------------------------

Hi Bruno Alexandre,

Thanks a lot for your sample. It looks amazing and simple, i'll definitely give it a play. I just wish that i knew about this sooner. ^^;

Once again thanks a lot for your help guys

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Hi Stefanto,

Can you please give me this PerspectiveMCAPI Test Ui project.

Iam new to MailChimp and facing problems in sending Email.

Thanks & Regards,

Durga Mohan

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Hi durgamohan,

Try using this instead, i've compiled it into a website:
http://www.woofiles.com/dl-256382-gwahdjS9-PerceptiveMCAPIwebsite.zip

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Stefanto 

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Hi,

@Bruno & Stefanto

currently i am also looking for integrate it with dotnet, so i try to access Bruno's link for example project but it didn't work and stefanto's link "http://www.woofiles.com/dl-256382-gwahdjS9-PerceptiveMCAPIwebsite.zip", but zip file is not working, so can anyone or both of you provide a fresh one, it will help me a lot,

Thanks & Regards,

Ankit