Was working fine in VS2005, .Net 2.0 - but not VS2010, .Net 2.0 - Help!

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM

We've been using the PerceptiveMCAPI wrapper without any issue in Visual Studio 2005 with our .Net 2.0 web application. 

We recently updated our dev tools to Visual Studio 2010, still using .Net 2.0 and now the project will not build.  We need to maintain this site at .Net 2.0 right now, and do not have a clear option to move up to 3.5.  

Is there any way to get this to build properly in .Net 2.0?  

The warning we get is: 

Warning 5 The primary reference "PerceptiveMCAPI, Version=1.2.5.3, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v2.0". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "PerceptiveMCAPI, Version=1.2.5.3, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35". TestCenterPMP

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM

As I recall, this may be caused by a line that VS puts in your web.config.  It's been a while since I've run into this, but I think that when I looked in the web config it was obvious.  There was a line which had Version=3.5.0.0 in it and when I took that out, things got better.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Weird.  It must have been something that VS2005 was just oblivious to.

We ended up updating our web application project to .Net 3.5 and everything compiles fine now.  The update made only slight changes (updated project DLL and slight updates to web.config).

Thanks,