Need help subscribing people to MC from my website

Feb 11, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Hi. I just downloaded the wrapper and to be honest I'm quite new to .Net programming. 

I was wondering if anyone could help me get started. Basically for now I just want to add (subscribe) people to my MC list. I have created a form on my website. Where can I find examples on how to use the wrapper to add the user's information to MailChimp's List when they submit the form? I already have my Key in mailchimp And also have created the list. The list and the form contains the following fields EMAIL, FNAME, LNAME, SEX, TELEPHONE.. Also I'm programming my .Net Pages in VB.NET

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Carlos

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2011 at 2:42 AM
Edited Feb 28, 2011 at 6:37 PM

My advise is that since you are new to both MailChimp and .NET, is that you

a) spend a good amount of time in the web admin so you understand how the application works (something I have to refresh on, since they made all kinds of changes recently)
b) read through the MC documentation on the api -- it's confusing at first, because it seems to assume that you HAVE done a fair amount of work with the web admin panel
c) create a separate test account (hey, they're free after all) and just experiment where you can't do any damage -- I have a separate testing account for the wrapper development to keep me out of trouble.

Other than that, there are some samples in my documentation, all method calls follow the same pattern, just the specifics change.

Good luck,

dbm

May 19, 2012 at 8:03 PM

For anyone still struggling, with subscribing a user using the PerceptiveMCAPI, i've written a step-by-step walk through on my blog, with C# and VB code.

http://mattjroden.com/post/2012/05/19/Mailchimp-Subscribe-form-in-ASPnet-VB-C.aspx

Hope it helps!

p.s. Don't forget to like/comment/share if you find it helpful!