perceptivemcapi errors

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:22 AM

I am trying to make a .net console application that i will run once each night to synchronise data with the mailchimp server.

I have put this in a webpage and it all works perfectly, but when trying to create a console application i cannot seem to get it to work.

here's what i have done:

put PerceptiveMCAPI.dll and CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll in the bin/debug folder of my .net project.

go to project > add reference and browse to this location and double click the PerceptiveMCAPI.dll

i then add this to my code:

Imports PerceptiveMCAPI

Imports PerceptiveMCAPI.Methods

Imports PerceptiveMCAPI.Types

i do not add anything else to my code, just this.  At first it seems to work because my autocomplete finds the perceptivemcapi.  But when i press build solution i get some warnings and suddenly the autocomplete is gone for the perceptivemcapi.  I'll post the errors (actually they are warnings) below.  Anyone got any idea?

Warning 3 Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'PerceptiveMCAPI' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases. C:\Users\TVerhaegen\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\mailchimp synchroniser\mailchimp synchroniser\mailchimp.vb 3 9 mailchimp synchroniser

Warning 4 Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'PerceptiveMCAPI.Methods' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases. C:\Users\TVerhaegen\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\mailchimp synchroniser\mailchimp synchroniser\mailchimp.vb 4 9 mailchimp synchroniser
Warning 5 Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'PerceptiveMCAPI.Types' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases. C:\Users\TVerhaegen\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\mailchimp synchroniser\mailchimp synchroniser\mailchimp.vb 5 9 mailchimp synchroniser

Warning 2 The referenced assembly "PerceptiveMCAPI, Version=1.2.5.3, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it has a dependency on "System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which is not in the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client". Please remove references to assemblies not in the targeted framework or consider retargeting your project. mailchimp synchroniser

Warning 1 The referenced assembly "PerceptiveMCAPI, Version=1.2.5.3, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it has a dependency on "System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" which is not in the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client". Please remove references to assemblies not in the targeted framework or consider retargeting your project. mailchimp synchroniser

Jun 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I had a problem like this yesterday and found a topic explaining that the build properties must be set to .NET 4.0 and not .NET 4.0 client profile. Hope this helps.

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Did you ever get this working? I am having lots of trouble getting this to click... any insight and/or examples od code would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.