PerceptiveMCAPI breaks Umbraco

May 24, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Hi guys,

Is anyone using this library with Umbraco?

I have a weird problem, as soon as I add this library to the bin folder Umbraco starts to behave very strange. The site (and the export to MailChimp) is working, but Umbraco administration interface doesn't display any nodes. I'm using Umbraco v. 4.5.2 and I tried this library 1.2.5 and 1.3.0.

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Hi there,

I believe there is a conflict with CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll as both projects use it but different versions.  I am looking in to it at the moment.  I believe that Umbraco uses 2.2.04 and this project uses a later version.  Does anybody else have any ideas?

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:24 PM
Try to make Umbraco use the latest version. Soon am at the computer I'll take a look.

Sent from my iPhone

On 07/06/2011, at 17.43, "ac931274" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi there,

I believe there is a conflict with CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll as both projects use it but different versions. I am looking in to it at the moment. I believe that Umbraco uses 2.2.04 and this project uses a later version. Does anybody else have any ideas?

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Not familiar with Umbraco, but if it is a conflict with the CC xml-rpc, then...

You should be able to just swap out the  2.5 version of the CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll and replace it with 2.2.0.4 and I believe all will be OK.
I could be wrong on that, but I tried the old version on a couple methods and they seemed to work OK -  XmlRpcV2 is referenced by the PerceptiveMCAPI.dll, not compiled-in -- and I don't use any special features of XmlRpcV2, so being pretty generic I suspect that all will work.

dbm

Jul 17, 2011 at 3:26 PM

hi.

i had the same problem. you cant just replace  CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll. it create conflict with the older version that umbraco uses.

what you need to do is:

1. download the source of PerceptiveMCAPI

2. create new class library project and name it "PerceptiveMCAPI".

3. "drag" the PerceptiveMCAPI folders that you downloaded earlier. (i used only the PerceptiveMCAPI folder).
     (by the way: i had to delete the AssembliInfo.cs file from my project and use the one that come with  PerceptiveMCAPI  in order that it to work)

4. copy the CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll from the umbraco bin into the bin of PerceptiveMCAPI, and add it as reference.

5. recompile everything. now you have new version of PerceptiveMCAPI, that uses the same CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll version that your umbraco version is using.

6. add only the PerceptiveMCAPI.dll as reference to your umbraco project (user control or whatever) and use it as you like!