Welcome to the Project

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2009 at 2:47 PM
Edited Sep 11, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I happen to think that, on total, MailChimp is the best ESP in the market today - and they keep getting better. 

One of the things that sets them apart is the functionality of their Api — and the team that supports it.

The only issue I had with the api was not the functionality, but the fact that as a .NET developer, I found that taking advantage of that functionality was more cumbersome that I would like.

So, instead of complaining about it ( ok I did a little of that), I decided to do something — I decided to create a .NET 'friendly' wrapper.

My goals were to make it easy to use, easy to maintain, and easy to extend the functionality. 

It started out from a few functions that I had used internally against the v.1.0 .net wrapper provided by MailChimp, to soon supporting all functions available -- and not too far off, I will add extended functions -- all of them optional, -- you won't be forced to use them.

It will be a continuing effort -- there will be code to refactor, new api methods to implement, and (hopefully only a few) issues to fix. I don't use every feature in a production environment, and I can't test every scenario -- so I hope you will provide feedback on things you think are broken, could be done in a better way, or provide ideas to extend the functionality.

I now use this wrapper for my projects and offer it to my clients — and I offer it to you.  Help me make it better.

Thanks,

David McLaughlin
Perceptive Logic

www.PerceptiveLogic.com

Jan 21, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Thank you for this API! And especially thank you for the Test UI. It rocks, and is such a great way to get started fast.

I am thinking about using your API to integrate with the Open Source CMS Umbraco (also available on CodePlex). I need it for a project and thought I might as well make the plugin publicly available as well if it turns out half well. 

The proper references will be made of course. Is that fair use of your API?

Thanks again! It is a well structured and easy to use API!

/RasB

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2010 at 6:27 PM
rasb wrote:

Thank you for this API! And especially thank you for the Test UI. It rocks, and is such a great way to get started fast.

I am thinking about using your API to integrate with the Open Source CMS Umbraco (also available on CodePlex). I need it for a project and thought I might as well make the plugin publicly available as well if it turns out half well. 

The proper references will be made of course. Is that fair use of your API?

Thanks again! It is a well structured and easy to use API!

/RasB

Thanks for the feedback.  It's always nice to hear that one's work is appreciated.

Feel free to do the integration with Umbraco & make it public -- and I'd appreciate the reference.

David